Requirements for Admission
Admission to DI is based on the following criteria
- Applicants should demonstrate evidence of strong Godly moral character and new creation experience.
- Applicants should show evidence of God’s personal call to ministry, market and public places.
- Applicants must indicate reasonable potential for success in their chosen field of study upon graduation.
- Applicants should show evidence that they will benefit from DI as they complete their chosen course of study.
Applicants must provide all documentation and pay appropriate fees before being considered for admission. This includes all international students.
Applicants must have the following on files as stated in the application form Number vi & vii – Personal Statement and Checklist for a complete application.
Applicants must seat for SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) of DOXA, which is the entrance examination. The test score must be made available. The Graduate students will also seat for GRE (Graduate Record Examination) which is pre-preparation to qualify the Master’s and Doctorate students.
2.4.3 Transfer of Students
Transfers of students are treated here under two separate headings:
- Inter – Departmental/FACULTY transfer
- Inter – Institutional transfer
- International Exchanges
Inter – Departmental/FACULTY transfer
Students inter – departmental transfer shall be allowed in very rare circumstances as long as the student meets certain requirements.
- The students must have spent at least one year in the department/FACULTY of his initial admission.
- He must have got the entry requirements of the new department/FACULTY.
- He must produce genuine reasons for needing transfer.
- He must also meet all the graduation requirements to the non – departmental/FACULTY.
- Transfer students will spend one extra year in the department/FACULTY. This is to enable him complete his lectures.
- Inter – Institutional Transfer
Transfer of students to this institution and from this institution to other institutions shall be encouraged as much as possible. In case, such as health reasons, work transfer, other logistic reasons, the senate entertains any such transfer. Application for shall be submitted to the Institution.
- International Exchanges
Exchange of International students shall be encouraged by DI through our centre for international studies.
An international applicant is defined as a person who is a citizen of a country other than Nigeria. DI welcomes applications from such students. Applicants must meet the spiritual, moral and academics requirements of the institution. And as such have sufficient grasp of English Language.
Academic Entrance Requirements
Diploma (24 Months)
Either passes in four SSCE, NECO, GCE “O” level subjects at credit level or above including English Language.
Or 4 credits in academic subjects at Grade II.
Bachelors of Arts (24/48 Months)
Diploma of theology, humanity or social sciences with at least a 3.00 GPA or a 2.2 class, awarded from a recognized institution. 5 SSCE, NECO, GCE “O” Level at credit or above, including English Language (at not more than two sitting).
Post-Graduate Diploma in Theology (12 Months)
A secular B.A or B.Sc degree or HND with at least a 2.00 GPA or a third class award or equivalent from a recognized university and polytechnic.
Master of Arts (24/36 Months)
* Degree holders in sciences must possess post-graduate diploma in theology.
* B.A Theology or its equivalent with at least minimum of 3.3 GPA.
* Acceptable transcript showing evidence of ability to study in the area in which the student wishes to specialize.
Doctoral Level (24 Months)
* Graduates from the masters degree level
* Writing of a 100-page commentary on a New Testament book
* Students must show competence for research
The orientation of new students of the Institute usually takes place in the first week of resumption after registration. The programme is intended to enable new students settle down and adjust to DI’s life.
All new students on arrival at the Institute proceed for registration as follows:
- Screening committee members to screen all certificates of admitted students and confirmation of placement.
- Course coordinator for screening, clearance and courses to be offered.
- Institute’s secretary to collect registration file and forms and to have them signed.
- All necessary fees paid to the Institute’s bursar.
Matriculation of the first year students takes place during the first semester of the academic session. Unless circumstances prevent it, the date for matriculation shall be the forth Friday or Saturday of the first semester. Only students that meet all the Institute requirements for admission and are duly registered in the Institute shall take part in the matriculation ceremony.
2.8 Academic Session (Year)
DI operates a SEMESTER system. Accordingly, there are two separate semesters in one calendar year. Those two semesters together constitute an academic session. The first semester of 16 weeks starts as decided by the academic board. The second semester is also 16 weeks.
2.9 Graduation Requirements
Students must successfully complete the following requirements before graduating from DOXA Institute:
- Students at the beginning of their final year of study must see the administrative head of each department to evaluate their progress and requirement for graduation.
- Students must submit their thesis two months before the graduation date.
- Students must successfully complete the required number of courses and credits as required for graduation.
- Fulfillment of the academic requirements does not guarantee graduation. Students must show evidence of Christian maturity and development of skills acceptable to the FACULTY.
The DOXA Institute operates a 5-point grading system. The following letter grades have been under the 5-point system:
|A||Excellent||5.0||70 and above|
|B||Very Good||4.0||60 – 69|
|C||Good||3.0||50 – 59|
|D||Intermediate Grade||2.1||45 – 49|
|E||Fair or Average||1.0||40 – 44|
|F||Failure||0.0||0 – 39|
CUMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE
|CGPA||Class or Degree|
|4.50 – 5.00||First Class|
|3.50 – 4.49||2nd Class (Upper)|
|2.50 – 3.49||2nd Class (lower)|
|2.00 – 2.49||Third Class|
|1.50 – 1.59||Pass|
|0 – 1.49||Fail|
CALCULATION OF GPA CUMULATIVE GPA
- At the end of each semester a student’s grade point average (GPA) shall be calculated. This will give an indication of how the student has performed in that Semester. A series of GPA’S weighted and averaged together over a number of semesters shall constitute the student’s cumulative GPA. Cumulative GPA gives an indication of how the student has performed so far at any point in time during his academic course. This cumulative GPA will determine where the student belongs as per dean’s list, probation and withdrawal in the Academic code of conduct. A GPA is derived by determining credit units and Grade points and dividing by total credit units.
- Example of calculation of GPA. Student 1 – First Semester:
A B C (B&C)
Course Number of Credits Grad. +\.e Obtained Grade Point
A 4 B 16
B 3 C 9
C 2 A 10
G.P.A. = 35 = 3.9
Student 1 Second Semester
D 3 B 12
E 4 A 20
E 3 C 9
Total 10 41
CUM. GPA = 3.9 + 4.1 = 4.0
Cumulative GPA by end of Second Semester = 4.0
2.11 Financial Requirements
Fees are liable to change from time to time. Students are responsible for their own transport fare, feeding, books and stationeries etc.
- Schedule of fees are as following:
|General Fees||1 Semester||Subsequent Semesters|
|1. Registration fee||N10,000/Student||N 4000/Student|
|2. Application form||PGD,
|N 10, 000
N 15, 000
|N 5, 000
N 7, 000
|2 Library and e-library||Diploma to PhD||N 6,350|
- Tuition Per Semester
Associate Diploma N 25, 500
Bachelors N 60, 000
PGD N 40, 500
Masters N 45, 500
Doctorate N 65, 500
- Examination Fees
Diploma N 2, 000
Bachelors N 2, 500
PGD N 3, 000
- Research Fee
Master’s & Doctorate N 4, 000
- Discretionary Fees
- Changes of programme of study N 3, 500
- Re-sit of examinations N 2, 000
iii. Transcript N ……
- Project registration N 2, 000
Note: All tuition fees must be paid per session.
PROJECT CONVOCATION FEE
Diploma N 6,000 6000
Bachelor N 10,000 N10, 000
PGD/Masters N 15,000 N15, 000
Doctorate N 30,000 N 30,000
Doctorate Gown N 50, 000.00